This field is present to prevent automated submission systems. If you see it, please do not fill in a value.

 
Share |
Myers Mobile App for Builders and Remodelers
Home About Us Products Pro's Homeowners Design Gallery Locations Careers Contact Us
About John H. Myers & Son
Myers Today Our History Associations
John H. Myers & Son, Inc. was founded in 1916 by John H. Myers in Dallastown, Pa. In fact, the current Dallastown yard was the original site. Mr. Myers sold lumber, coal, and other building materials to contractors, farmers, and homeowners.

In 1921, a second location was opened at 1285 W. King Street in West York Borough, which eventually became the company's main yard. From the 1920s through the 1950s, John H. Myers & Son manufactured many items including: fireplace mantels, stair parts, windows, doors, flooring, refrigerated cases, and wooden boxes and crates for local industry.

The housing expansion of the 1960s created the need for a third location in East York. In 1970, a home center was built to service the growing new housing market and also give homeowners a place to purchase home improvement building materials.

By the late 1980s, John H. Myers & Son was outgrowing its West King Street facility and needed additional space for windows, doors, kitchen cabinets, and appliances. In 1987, the company purchased a 10-acre tract with more than 50,000 square feet of warehousing space at 2200 Monroe Street in West Manchester Township.

Looking to expand into other areas, a sales office was opened in Camp Hill in 1994 and a store in Hanover in 1993. That same year, John H. Myers & Son undertook a multi-million dollar expansion project at its Monroe Street facility to consolidate the East York and King Street locations into one York facility. In 2002, two new locations were added, one in Camp Hill and another in Chambersburg, for a total of five lumber yards in South Central Pennsylvania.


In 2008, Myers seized another growth opportunity and acquired the operations of The Lumber Yard of York, PA and Hagerstown, MD, including personnel, inventory and equipment.  These operations were combined with the existing Myers facilities in York and Chambersburg, PA. With both companies recognized by the professional building community for their employee talent, quality building products and commitment to service, the merger provided Myers with an even richer product and service model and created a formidable long-term partner for the builder and remodeler.

In July 2011, JOHN H. MYERS & SON was acquired by the US LBM Holdings, LLC family, a private equity firm formed by BlackEagle Partners, LLC in partnership with US LBM president, LT Gibson. US LBM is one of the fastest growing companies in the building supply industry and is recognized as the 13th largest lumber and building materials distributor in the country.  As of 2012, the platform consists of more than 40 locations in eight states, with nearly 1,500 associates servicing the professional building market from seven individually-operated and branded companies.

Today, John H. Myers & Son remains six locations strong and reaches into the markets of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Northern Virginia and West Virginia.  The business continues to provide builders, remodelers and homeowners with a broad range of products, design and engineering services, turn-key installation and some of the most complete, one-stop showrooms.  In partnership with US LBM, John H. Myers & Son continues to be one of the leaders of the building materials business in the region.


John H. Myers
Bob Myers III
2000 -2010
John H. Myers
Bob Myers Jr.
1968 - 2000
John H. Myers
Bob Myers Sr.
1937 - 1968
John H. Myers
John H. Myers
1916 - 1937
Old John H. Myers photos
Forest Hill, MD
505 Granary Rd
410-638-9681
Camp Hill, PA
3442 Simpson Ferry Rd.
717-737-0471
Chambersburg, PA
1090 S. Main St.
717-263-9151
Dallastown, PA
217 E. Maple St.
717-244-4077
Hanover, PA
108 Ram Dr.
717-632-0217
York, PA
2200 Monroe St.
717-792-2500
Sitemap
Find Myers on Facebook
Myers on Facebook